How to Fix ‘msstdfmt.dll’ is Missing Error in Windows server 2019, 2022
The Msstdfmt.dll error is caused by situations that lead to the deletion or corruption of the msstdfmt DLL file. In some cases, the msstdfmt.dll error can indicate a registry problem, a virus or malware problem, or even a hardware failure.
There are many DLLs in the Windows installation folder and each one of them is very important for the integrity of the operating system. One of these files is the “msstdfmt.dll” file which stores certain commands that are needed by certain applications to run correctly. In this article, we will discuss the reasons due to which the “msstdfmt.dll is missing” Error might be triggered and also provide viable solutions to fix the issue.
Method 1: Running an SFC scan
- Press “Windows” + “R” to open the “Run” Prompt.
- In the Run dialog box, type in CMD and hold down Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys to open the elevated Command Prompt.
3. Type in the following command and press “Enter”.
Wait for the scan to be completed then check again
Method 2: Using Registry Command
You can copy the msstdfmt.dll file from a working computer, or you can download it here
1. The original location of this file is C:Windowssystem32 for 32-bit versions of Windows and C:WindowsSysWOW64 for 64-bit versions.
In our case is a 64bit version of Windows
Right-click on the downloaded file and select “copy“.
- Navigate to the following folder if you are on a 32–bit operating system.
- Navigate to the following folder if you are using a 64–bit operating system.
Right-click anywhere and select the “paste” option.
2. Press “Windows” + “R” to open the “Run” Prompt.
3. In the Run dialog box, type in CMD and hold down Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys to open the elevated Command Prompt.
Type in the following command and press “Enter” for a 32–bit operating system.
Type in the following command and press “Enter” for a 64–bit operating system.
That’s all. Now, restart your PC and the error should be gone.
In our case after performing the above steps, we did not see the error again.
Hopefully, this article will be helpful for you. Good luck!