How to connect to the MacOS VPS from Windows
Enjoy the core features of high-quality macOS VPS with incredible support from multiple locations around the world. You can connect to the macOS VPS from any device to develop iOS and XCode applications, run any MAC software, and much more!
Connecting from the Windows OS
There are a few ways to connect to the macOS VPS from Windows, such as VNC, Teamviewer, etc.
Option 1: Using VNC
1. Download and install a VNC Viewer, we would suggest the RealVNC: https://www.realvnc.com/en/connect/download/viewer/
2. Open RealVNC, put in the VPS’s main IP in the new VPS information email you have received, and then hit Enter:
3. A pop-up will appear, choose “Don’t warn me about this again on this computer” then click on “Continue”
4. Enter the VPS’s username and password, click on Remember password then OK:
- If the username was not recognized/hidden, please click on “File” –> Preferences –> Expert
- Then scroll down and choose “Username” –> enter the VPS’s username
5. Enter the password again:
6. Then you will see the macOS VPS’s desktop:
Option 2: Using Teamviewer
1. Download and install Teamviewer on your PC: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/teamviewer-automatic-download/
2. Connect to the macOS VPS via VNC then install the Teamviewer Host version onto the VPS: https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerHost.dmg
3. After the installation is done, you will be asked to setup a password so you can use it to access the VPS later:
4. A pop-up will appear with Review System Access:
- In “Screen Recording” tab , choose “Request Access” –> Click on “Click the lock to make changes” and enter the VPS’s password –> Unlock –> tick on “TeamViewer Host”
- In the “Accessibility” tab, choose “Request Access” -> Click on “Click the lock to make changes” and enter the VPS’s password –> Unlock –> Tick on “TeamViewer Host”
- In the “Full Disk Access” tab, choose “Open Full Disk…” -> Click on “Click the lock to make changes” and enter the VPS’s password –> Unlock –> Tick on “TeamViewer Host”
- Then click on “+” –> Applications –> Choose Teamviewer Host –> Open
5. A pop-up will appear with the ID:
6. Open Teamviewer on your PC/MAC, enter the ID to the Partner ID then hit Connect, you will be asked for a password that was set on Step 3.
The VPS’s desktop on the macOS VPS will look like this:
7. Then you can use it normally just like while using VNC.