How to fix "Windows could not complete the requested changes" error 0x800f0907 on Windows server 2019, 2022
The 0x800f0907 error occurs frequently when users attempt to upgrade the .NET Framework on their Windows server. When the error occurs, users are unable to make the requested changes to the .NET Framework.
This error can have a variety of consequences for users. For starters, it prevents the .NET Framework from being successfully installed or updated, which can cause compatibility issues with certain applications or software that rely on specific versions of the framework. As a result, those applications may be unable to run or be used properly, causing inconvenience and impeding productivity.
In this article, we will show you how to fix the error 0x800f0907.
Solution 1. Modify the Local Group Policy
1. In the Run dialog, input “gpedit.msc” to open Local Group Policy Editor.
2. Navigate to the following path:
Computer Configuration Administrative Templates System
- Locate Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair and open it.
- Select the Enable radio button.
- Check the boxes for Never attempt to download payload from Windows Update and Download repair content optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpupdate /force and click OK to update the Group Policy Editor.
Then restart your Windows server.
Solution 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
Reboot your system then try again
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Run the .NET Framework Repair Tool
- Download the .NET Framework repair tool.
- Launch the program on your Windows server.
- Accept the terms and agreement.
- Click Next to begin the diagnosing process.
- The tool will provide you with the changes required for the .NET Framework to run properly.
- Click Next to apply the changes.
Then try again.
In ours case after performing the above steps, we did not see the error again.
Hopefully this article will be useful for you. Good luck !