How to Install Cyberpanel on Centos 7
CyberPanel is web hosting control which is based on OpenLitespeed. Comes with builtin support for DNS, FTP, Email, File Manager and automatic SSL.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to install CyberPanel on CentOS 7.
- an active KVM VPS
- full root access
Update the packages installed on the system:
yum update -y
Since CyberPanel is free, you do not have to prepare any kind of license and you can install it using the following command:
sh <(curl https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh || wget -O - https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh)
Once you see the following output, enter 1 and press Enter:
CyberPanel Installer v2.1.1 1. Install CyberPanel. 2. Exit. Please enter the number[1-2]:
Type 1 and ENTER to install CyberPanel with OpenLightSpeed.
CyberPanel Installer v2.1.1 RAM check : 144/3789MB (3.80%) Disk check : 2/26GB (9%) (Minimal 10GB free space) 1. Install CyberPanel with OpenLiteSpeed. 2. Install Cyberpanel with LiteSpeed Enterprise. 3. Exit.
Type Y and ENTER to select the full installation.
Install Full service for CyberPanel? This will include PowerDNS, Postfix and Pure-FTPd. Full installation [Y/n]:
In 2.0.2, remote SQL has been added. This feature is best intended for the people who want to host the database separately from the webserver.
Do you want to setup Remote MySQL? (This will skip installation of local MySQL) (Default = No) Remote MySQL [y/N]:
If you choose this option during installation, then:
- CyberPanel database (which hosts all information about CyberPanel) will be created remotely and not locally.
- Any database you create on CyberPanel will also be created there, so make sure in your applications you use the right hostname.
In the next step, the installer prompts you to choose a version of MariaDB to install. Type ENTER to select the latest version.
Press Enter key to continue with latest version or Enter specific version such as: 1.9.4 , 2.0.1 , 2.0.2 ...etc
Choose the default password, a random password, or set your own password by typing d, or r, or s. Then type ENTER.
Please choose to use default admin password 1234567, randomly generate one (recommended) or specify the admin password? Choose [d]fault, [r]andom or [s]et password: [d/r/s]
Type Y and ENTER to install Memcached.
Do you wish to install Memcached process and its PHP extension? Please select [Y/n]:
Type Y and ENTER to install Redis.
Do you wish to install Redis process and its PHP extension? Please select [Y/n]:
Type Yes to start WatchDog
Would you like to set up a WatchDog (beta) for Web service and Database service ? The watchdog script will be automatically started up after installation and server reboot If you want to kill the watchdog , run watchdog kill Please type Yes or no (with capital Y, default Yes):
In this way, CyberPanel is being installed along with its extensions. The installer will output your administrator details:
CyberPanel Successfully Installed Current Disk usage : 5/26GB (22%)
Current Disk usage:
Verify the OS firewall is open for inbound and outbound on the following ports:
- TCP: 8090 for CyberPanel
- TCP: 80, TCP: 443 and UDP: 443 for webserver
- TCP: 21 and TCP: 40110-40210 for FTP
- TCP: 25, TCP: 587, TCP: 465, TCP: 110, TCP: 143 and TCP: 993 for mail service
- TCP: 53 and UDP: 53 for DNS service
- To see an admin login, visit your IP address of the server at the CyberPanel port. For example: https://(Your_Server_IP):8090
- Enter admin for the username and 1234567 for the password.
- Click on the user-menu arrow, next to the name “Cyber Pan”.
- Choose “Edit Profile“. Select “admin” in the dropdown menu on the “Modify User” page.
- Now, you are recommended to change the first name, last name, email address, and password accordingly.